Upgrading entrepreneurship skills
Italy - Spain - Latvia - Greece - Poland - Croatia
The aim of the project UPENSKILLS is to identify and define essential soft skills for entrepreneurship in order to produce of a set of tools to be used as training materials in entrepreneurship related courses and programmes for cultivating entrepreneurial mindset of young people. The project will address the education needs of young people during their progression from high school students to young entrepreneurs.
The Project will consist of two main parts:
1) identification and definition of essential skills for entrepreneurship,
2) production of a set of “training sheets” on entrepreneurship skills and competencies to be used as training materials in entrepreneurship related courses and programmes.
In order to contribute to the solution of the youth employment problems, the project UPENSKILLS will facilitate the entry of young people to the labor market, encourage youth actively engage in entrepreneurship, through implementation of the following objectives: -
1) Promoting entrepreneurship education in European Union and partner countries;
2) Fostering recognition of entrepreneurship education and reinforcing a discussion about entrepreneurship competence training,
3) Making entrepreneurship education a basic feature in education systems;
4) Sharing of ideas, knowledge, experience, and best practices amongst countries, stakeholders, and practitioners;
5) Developing innovative instruments of non-formal education to contribute to development of entrepreneurial competences of young people;
Main activities and project tasks:
A) To identify and define key competences and skills to be and entrepreneur; -
B) To create a portrait of the successful entrepreneur; -
C) To identify similarities and differences in the participant countries/regions; -
D) To collect best cases/good practices on entrepreneurship training in non-formal education and produce portfolio of Good Practices; -
E) To produce a flexible and adaptable set of methods (method cards) for entrepreneurship trainers, based on previous soft skills demand identification, to be added as a part of a course or as a programme in itself;
F) To conduct international training course for youth workers to equip them with competences to work with the developed toolkit; -
G) To carry out pilot testing of new toolkit for young people at national level in all partner countries; -
H) To organise three multiplier events and disseminate results.